Top 10 sun protection for face and skin
Sunscreen is the most important part of skin protection. Sunscreen should not only prevent tanning but mainly prevent ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet rays not only accelerate the formation of skin melanin, sunburn, and even cause “skin cancer.” It also attacks the collagen fibres of the dermis, reduces the elasticity of the skin, and accelerates the ageing of the skin. In addition, “photoaging” is also the main reason for the ageing of our skin.
The most important thing about sunscreen is to prevent excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet rays are referred to as UV, including UVA and UVB, which are the biggest killers that harm our skin. UVA is the culprit of tanning and ageing. It can directly penetrate the skin and reach the dermis layer, accelerating the production of melanin and the speed of skin ageing. UVB is the culprit of sunburn and sunburn. The penetrating power is relatively weak, but its energy is large, and it can cause visible damage to the naked eye in a short time.
What do “SPF” and “PA” mean in sunscreen products?
SPF is the time intensity of anti-UVB, which refers to the ability to prolong the time of sunburn. The larger the value, the longer the time you get sunburned.
PA is the index of anti-UVA. It refers to the ability to prolong the time of tanning. The more “+” signs, the longer you can be tanning.
In layman’s terms, SPF refers to the sunburn index and sunburn index. The higher the index, the better the effect; PA is the length of time to protect against tanning. A + represents four hours. For example, PA +++ means 12 hours of sunscreen.
How to choose sunscreen for different skin types? (Also see “what is the best moisturiser for your skin?“)
Some people use sunscreen to darken, and some people are allergic to sunscreen. In some cases, they may choose the wrong sunscreen. If the wrong sunscreen is selected, not only does it not protect the skin, but it has a counterproductive effect.
1. Oily skin: You should buy a water-based, oil-free formula sunscreen with strong penetration, which is refreshing and non-oily, does not block pores, and never use sunscreen.
2 Acne skin: It is the same as buying sunscreen for oily skin, but when acne is more serious, inflammation or skin damage, you should suspend the use of sunscreen. When you go out, you can only use hard sunscreens, such as sunscreen umbrella sunscreen clothing sunscreen mask Sunglasses and other ways.
3. Dry skin: Be sure to choose a sunscreen with moisturizing texture and added moisturizing effect and strong skin immunity. Many sunscreens have added moisturizing and antioxidant effects.
4. Sensitive skin: For safety reasons, sensitive skin is recommended to choose professional sunscreen for sensitive skin, or the product description clearly writes “pass allergy test”, “pass dermatologist clinical test for young children”, Explanatory texts such as “passed by an ophthalmologist”, “free of fragrances and preservatives”, the best way to choose physical sunscreen is to try it on the inside of your wrist before buying. If the skin appears red, swollen, painful, and itchy within 10 minutes, it means that you have an allergic reaction to this product. You can try a product that is a multiple of the sun protection index. If there is still a reaction, you have to give up this brand of sunscreen.
How to choose the right SPF / PA in different weather and locations
1. Cloudy/rainy days: the light is not strong, you can choose SPF10 ~ 15, PA + or above.
2. Daily commuting / shopping: SPF 25 ~ 35, PA ++ or above is recommended.
3. Outdoor activities / long exposure: SPF chooses the highest one, the more “+” sign, the better. SPF 40 ~ 50, PA ++++ is recommended.